As a woman
Menopause is something that pops my mind from time to time. Although I’m pretty young to be worried about menopause, I realize that this topic should be covered all over the place. The majority of women are not entirely updated with its symptoms, its body transformations, and even its conceptualization. What is exactly menopause?
Menopause is a natural and chemical phenomenon occurring with women from 45 to 55 years old. This event registers our last ovulation and the end of our fertile period. Therefore, our ability to have children. As a natural process for ones, and a nightmare for others, menopause is caused by the lack of estrogen hormones in the ovaries.
Before entering in menopause process itself, the body and mind start to complain. Therefore, let’s split the symptoms over physical and psychological symptoms.
– Irregular menstrual periods;
– Hot flashes (minutes to seconds);
– Heavy sweating;
– Muscle aches;
– Heart palpitations;
– Sore breasts;
– Sensitive Skin;
– Dry hair and hair loss;
– Dryer vagina;
– Thinner skin
– Mood swings;
What Can Help?
We can’t stop the menopause process, but we can avoid extreme and inconvenient menopause signs on our daily basis.
- Eat more foods that are high in Phytoestrogens such as soybeans and soy products, tofu, tempeh, flaxseeds, linseeds, sesame seeds and beans.
- Drink lots of water
- Avoid caffeine
- Reduce Refined Sugar and Processed Foods
- Natural Supplements like Phytoestrogens, Black cohosh, probiotics, prebiotics, kava, DHEA-S, and evening primrose oil.
- Get Enough Sleep;
- Exercise regularly